| Establish & support a GREEK Audiovisual Production Company
Considering establishing a Film Production Company in Greece in order to take advantage of the incentives that the Greek Government provides you? We are here to help you start, run and do your Film Production business in Greece!
GREECE IS BECOMING THE HOLYWOOD OF EUROPE
According to the National Centre of Audiovisual Media and Communication (EΚOME), year 2020 was a milestone in the development of the Greek cash rebate program, which has been being gradually built and improved since 2017.
Recognising the significant contribution of the audiovisual sector to a country’s economy Greece introduced in the recent years an investment mechanism in order to support audiovisual and film productions. Through a “cash rebate” system providing investment incentives for audiovisual productions (film,TV,documentary,animation,digital games) for expenses incurred in Greece, the aim is to attract foreign filmmakers and audiovisual producers supporting also domestic production companies.
With the support of the Ministry of Digital Governance, EKOME kept the program fully operational throughout the pandemic, guaranteed its continuity and ensured that foreign production companies were informed of its uninterrupted function and of the safety protocols for filming in Greece.
CASH DEBATE & TAX RELIEF FOR PRODUCTION OF AUDIOVISUAL WOKRS
In recent years there has been a remarkable effort to make Greece an attractive destination for the production of audiovisual works (eg, films, TV series and video games).
The most important initiatives in this respect are:
- the cash rebate state aid scheme, which covers 40% of eligible production costs
- the tax relief incentive, which covers 30% of eligible production costs.
- What type of Film Production companies can take advantage of these incentives?
A.TL.AS Consulting Awarded Business Solutions!
What A.TL.AS Consulting can do for you in order to Establish?
The state aid scheme applies to audiovisual works, including:
Films and TV movies
Short Films and TV movies
Episodes of TV series (each episode constitutes a separate audiovisual work)
The above audiovisual works can benefit from the cash rebate scheme regardless of the way in which they will be distributed (eg, in theatres, on TV or via online platforms, social networks or apps).
The following audiovisual works are excluded:
- filmed performances, such as theatre, opera, dance and music performances;
- sports broadcasts;
- TV and phone games, betting works, contests and lotteries;
- news and information broadcasts;
- entertainment shows, talk shows and TV interviews;
- ads and teleshopping;
- programmes with pornographic content;
- presentations and promotions of corporate, entertainment or cultural activities;
- purely educational programmes and tele-education and tele-information broadcasts; and
- programmes that insult human dignity or promote discrimination.